I only own two books so far about creative business, but just went hunting around the web and have found a whole bunch that sound really interesting!
There are some on turning your creative hobby into a business, one on blogging, one on graphic design (and pricing etc), and lastly – one that features Australian artists and creators. As an Aussie I was particularly excited to find this last one, because I find that a lot of other great creative business books (while still very helpful and inspiring) tend to feature a lot of information specifically aimed at an American market (such as taxes, laws, resources etc). So to find one that talks to Australian women totally made my day… and I’m off to download my copy of it now! :)
1. Creative Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho and Meg Mateo Ilasco
2. Craft Inc. by Meg Mateo Ilasco
3. The Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin
4. Grow Your Handmade Business by Kari Chapin
5. Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho
6. Graphic Artist’s Guild Handbook of Pricing and Ethical Guidelines by Graphic Artist’s Guild
7. Conversations with Creative Women (available only as e-book download) by Tess McCabe
The two I own are Craft Inc. and The Handmade Marketplace, and I find both full of information, inspiration, and are very easy to read. Even though I don’t own any of the others (yet) and can’t say whether they’ll be suitable to all of you, I thought they were definitely worth a look if you’re interested.
If you have any other recommendations, I’d love to hear them! Thanks for the question Chick Tyler :)