Sounds completely suss, I know.. but trust me, they’re G.O.O.D.
I know balls like these are normally kept for Christmas time, and admittedly I did first make these for Christmas, but they’re just too yummy not to share.. I’m re-classifying them into the ‘Everyday’ food group. I have no idea where I got the recipe now, but take it and cherish it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 1 x 250g packet of Gingernut Biscuits (or ginger flavoured biscuits??)
– 1.5 cups of shredded (desiccated) coconut
– 125g chopped, roasted macadamias
– Glace ginger (or naked ginger).. as much or little as you like chopped finely
– 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
– 60g unsalted butter
– 1 tbs golden syrup
– extra coconut to coat balls
Pulse Gingernuts in a food processor until crushed. Transfer them to a bowl with the chopped macadamias, coconut, and chopped glace ginger and mix. In a small saucepan, combine the condensed milk, butter, and golden syrup. Stir over a low heat until the butter has melted.
Pour the condensed milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Roll teaspoon-full amounts of mixture in your hands to form balls, and roll in the coconut. Make sure you refrigerate the balls for a few hours before eating them.
That’s all there is to it. Easy as! ;)