I got into a bit of a baking mood while I was at home last week, and decided to make the most of my parent’s beautiful big kitchen by making some Spiced Brown Sugar Cookies. The recipe is by Donna Hay and can be found here.. they’re delicious!
185g butter, chopped
1 cup (175g) brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
2 1/2 cups (375g) plain flour
2 eggs, one separated
1 tablespoon water
raw sugar to coat (I used Demerara sugar)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the butter, brown sugar, and spices into a food processor.
2. Process until smooth. Add the flour, whole egg, egg yolk, and water and process again to form a smooth dough.
3. Once the dough is formed, take it out and knead lightly.
4. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough between two sheets of non-stick baking paper until it’s 5mm thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place onto trays lined with non-stick baking paper and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.