Mother’s Day is only a few days away now, and if you haven’t got Mum that perfect present yet, have I got a treat for you! :)
Please welcome Jasmine, a friend of mine and a fellow blogger who has put together this super cute and very easy DIY for you all! Jasmine’s blog, Scissors Paper Stone is so full of creative ideas, stories from her life, and even her secrets on where to find craft and baking supplies here in Singapore, so do drop by and say hi to her!
And now, the DIY – take it away Jasmine!
I really love DIYs that make use of items that I already have at home. This DIY uses nail polish and hole reinforcement stickers to create that polka dotted effect that we all love. The hardest part is probably deciding which ceramic or glass item is screaming for a new look!
All you need is:
1. Stick the reinforcement stickers on the glass and make sure they are firmly stuck on.
2. Paint a coat of nail polish and leave it to dry. Paint a second coat if you would prefer a darker effect.
3. Once all the dots are painted, leave it to dry for a few hours. Once it is dry, carefully remove the reinforcement stickers.
And that’s it!
I’ve used it here as a sweet little vase, but you could also put a candle inside as a votive, or even store some pencils in it on your desk. And in case glass jars aren’t your thing, this technique also works on ceramics!
I just used a couple of plain white dishes to create some cute spotty catch-alls for around the house – they’re perfect for storing stationery or even as a jewellery dish on your nightstand! And in case you’re wanting to go a bit more bold – why not try gold nail polish on black!
And last but not least, some final notes:
– If you make a mistake, dip a cotton bud in nail polish remover and gently remove the nail polish and start again.
– Due to the toxic nature of nail polish, please do not use the finished item for serving food.